What to expect if you never received a Reading before.
No two mediums or psychic medium readings are alike. They are as unique as snowflakes!
1: Review your current state of grief. If you are struggling with the grief, and you just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, consider counseling or therapy. Medium can definitely help with connecting with the loved one you're grieving about, but they cannot replace the process of grief. Each grief is different, and each one is very difficult.
2. it is important to come to the reading with an open mind, and be relaxed going into the reading. If a person has already definitively decided in their mind, that this is not real, it can be sometimes very difficult to change that belief. Leave your preconceived expectations at the door. Each Medium works differently, but you will get the same message. It is very common that some information that comes through in the reading may not makes sense to you at the time of the reading, and it may hit you later what the information was. So do yourself a favor and do some homework, ask around your family or friends about unknown information in the reading. A good Medium will encourage questions! You need to keep an open mind with these things. Skepticism is good. There’s something that we all like to refer to as a healthy skepticism. In my readings, I encourage some skepticism. Not all information will fit, and not all Psychics and/or Mediums are real in this business. It's not different than the medical field, or carpenter. Not every doctor is a good one, or every carpenter is a good one. Why would every Medium be?
3.There is no time on “the spirit side of life”, time is only something that exists here in the physical world. In a reading that I gave, a woman came in where the person that she was coming in for hadn't seen her since she was a young girl, and she was in her 60s! Same holds true when a loved one is in the late stages memory loss (Alzheimer's, Dementia,...), or getting ready to pass, they can still come through in a reading as if they had already passed. This is because they are straddling two worlds, this one and the next....
4. Spend time thinking about your loved one before the session. 20 years to us is like 20 minutes to people on the spirit side. Understand that not all Mediums get information the same way. For example, not all of us get names or initials of the one in spirit.
5. What about “Psychic” Readings and predicting the Future or Prophecy? You may not be interested at a particular moment to hear from a deceased on and looking for some guidance in your life. There is also much misunderstanding about “predicting the future” People always want to know “What is going to happen” regarding some particular thing in their life. First of all NO Psychic, including myself, can foresee your future 100% set in stone with 100% accuracy.
6. Have an open mind and low expectations. Some people have a great first experience and never return, feeling they heard everything they wanted to. If your initial session isn’t fulfilling, try at least one more time with the same medium or try a different one.
7. Write your initial thoughts and impressions down as soon as possible. A reading can be an emotional experience. It’s helpful to review the process later from a more grounded state. Carefully select the people you do this with. For some, the idea of seeing a medium brings up complicated feelings or goes against certain belief systems and they may be judgmental or critical. After the session, think about new ways to stay connected to your loved one. You may feel more open than ever that you can communicate with them.
8. Don’t show up to your reading intoxicated or even hung over, whether you’re on some kind of sleeping pills or some kind of drug or even alcohol. As Mediums, we understand that people get nervous about readings sometimes, so they might have a drink or two because of it. It makes it so much harder for the Medium to connect, and for any loved ones to try to come through!
9. Don’t make deals with your spirits. This works against you. It doesn’t work in any positive way for your loved ones in spirit. A lot of people do this. They say, look, I’m going to go to this reading, and as long as you say something about the house on the lake or something about my nickname Jujube; whatever it may be, if you ask your loved one in spirit that you will trust that this medium is really connecting with them as long as they say a certain thing, you’re already setting yourself up for failure. Because let me just explain to you how this works. The medium is connecting with spirit, and they don’t just get one message at a time. It’s not like me communicating with you where we get on the telephone and you say something, then I say something. A lot of messages are coming through all at once to the medium. They’re seeing things in their mind’s eye. They might be sort of hearing something. They’re feeling things, all the different clair abilities.
10. We use this phrase all the time: Don’t feed the medium. What it really means is that you don’t want to give information to the medium. The best thing to do when you get a reading is just keep your lips sealed. The medium will ask you if you are recognizing or acknowledging any of these messages. Sometimes, just a little bit of information can help us connect with Spirit better, but again, not too much. Kind of like setting up a blind date for a friend, just enough so your friend isn't too afraid or nervous, but just enough so they can make up their own mind about the person they've agreed to go on a blind date with.
11. If nothing’s making sense, stop the medium. Just say, hold on. I need to let you know that none of these messages are making sense. Because there’s so much that can happen; sometimes it might be that the message is for somebody else in your house. It could be with the friend that you’re with. It could be the messages are for the next caller. You don’t know what the circumstances are, but if none of the messages are making sense you can’t just let that medium go on and on and on.
Good article on a good versus fake Psychic and/or Medium -- https://www.psychic-readings-guide.com/good-psychic-reader/